Want to know why so many of your friends and neighbors seem happy and carefree? It’s probably because they’re all taking advantage of our Clifton VA septic inspections, which gives them tremendous peace of mind!
Okay, that’s probably an exaggeration, but the central point is true. We’ve been in the business since 1997, and nobody does septic service better than we do. Given that nobody wants to live in a house with a malfunctioning septic system, and our inspections help minimize your risk of suffering a major issue, it definitely contributes to peace of mind, and maybe even a bit of happiness.
Here are a few of the kinds of issues our Clifton VA septic inspections reveal, when problems are found:
- Grease Capping – This is what ultimately happens when you pour grease down the drain. Some of it escapes your septic tank and leeches into your drain field. Once it gets there, it floats to the surface and hardens, creating a distinctive-looking cap that prompted the name of the condition. Unfortunately, grease capping limits the amount of oxygen the soil has access to, which makes it less effective when it comes to processing waste from the tank.
- Excess Water – This one might leave you puzzled. After all, your home’s plumbing and septic systems are intricately intertwined, so how can too much water be a bad thing? Unfortunately, too much water entering your drain field can cause the soil in the drain field to become super saturated. When that happens, the drain field essentially shuts down until the soil has a chance to dry out a little.
The most common sources of excess water are: Dripping faucets, persistently running toilets and the downspouts attached to your home’s gutters. If the downspouts are angled toward your drain field, then every time it rains, it can flood that part of your yard.
- Soil Compaction – This can occur naturally, or it can be created by the presence of heavy equipment running across your drain field for an extended period of time. Either way, the result is the same. The more compacted the soil in your drain field is, the less efficiently it processes waste
There are others, of course, but this gives you a general idea of some of the things we find ourselves dealing with on a regular basis.
In addition to doing Clifton VA septic inspections. Our service offerings also include:
- Septic tank cleaning
- Septic system repair and replacement
- Sewage pump installation
- Alarm and/or float replacement
- Car wash cleaning
- Grease tank cleaning
- And pump and haul contracts
In other words, we’ve got you covered where anything relating to your home or business septic system is concerned. Give our office a call today. We’ll take good care of you.