Since we first opened our doors in 1997, we’ve performed countless Manassas VA septic inspections. They’re the cornerstone of good maintenance, and without proper septic maintenance, your system is almost certain to give you trouble.
That’s why we recommend having your system inspected and your tank pumped out every three to five years. There’s no better way to catch problems while they’re still small, which will save you time, money, headaches and hassles over the long run.
Here are a few of the more common types of problems we’re likely to discover when we conduct our Manassas VA septic inspections:
- Grease Capping – This is what ultimately happens when you pour grease down the drain. Some of it winds up escaping the tank and leeching into your drain field, where it will rise to the surface and harden, preventing your drain field from processing wastes effectively.
- Soil Compaction – Soil compaction can happen naturally over time, or it can be the result of human activity. The more compacted your soil is, the less efficiently it processes wastes, which means that it’s easier for your drain field to become overwhelmed and overloaded.
- Excess Water – This is typically an easy problem to fix. The two most common sources of excess water in your system are the down spouts connected to your rain gutters, if they’re angled toward the drain field, and dripping or leaking faucets and toilets that run constantly.
- Clogged Lines – if you pour non-biodegradable matter down the drain or flush it down the toilet, it winds up in your tank and clogging your lines. Tree roots can also grow into the pipes connecting your tank to the drain field.
- Damage to the bacteria in your tank. Your septic system needs a healthy colony of bacteria in order to process waste. The easiest way to cause it serious harm is to pour chemical drain cleaners down the drain. Avoid this at all costs!
Another reason you may want to take advantage of our Manassas VA septic inspections is if you’re in the market for a new home. The more information you can get about the property you’re considering buying, the better and having a septic inspection performed will give you peace of mind that this critical system won’t give you any problems after you sign on the dotted line.
Of course, we do a lot more than just septic inspections. Our service offerings include:
- Septic Tank Cleaning
- Septic System Repairs and Replacement
- Sewage Pump Installation
- Alarm and Float Replacement
- Real Estate Inspections
- Car Wash Cleaning
- Grease Tank Cleaning
- And Pump and Haul Contracts
Whether you’re a residential or commercial client, whatever your septic system needs are, we’ve got you covered. Give our office a call today.