Our Fauquier County VA septic inspections are the cornerstone of any good maintenance plan. They allow our skilled technicians opportunities on a regular basis to spot problems while they’re still in their formative stages, when they’re easy and relatively inexpensive to repair.
So what kinds of problems are our Fauquier County VA septic inspections likely to discover? There are no simple answers to that questions, but here are a few examples of the kinds of problems we might find:
- Grease Capping – This is what ultimately happens to the grease you pour down the sink. Some of it will escape the tank and leech into your drain field. Once there, it will float to the surface and harden, which prevents your system from processing waste efficiently.
- Excess Water – This one might seem counterintuitive, given that your plumbing and septic systems are intertwined, but too much water can overload your drain field. The most common sources of excess water are dripping faucets, constantly running toilets, and downspouts connected to gutters that are angled toward the drain field. This one tends to be easily fixed.
- Soil Compaction – This issue can occur naturally, or it can be manmade. Either way, it amounts to the same issue. The more tightly compacted your soil is, the less efficiently it can process wastes, which means that it’s easier to overwhelm or overload the system.
- A Full Tank – If you pour non-biodegradable materials down the drain or flush them down the toilet, they wind up in your tank. Over time, they’ll build up, which a) gives your tank less space for processing waste and b) makes it harder for effluent to leave the tank. That’s why we recommend pump outs and 3-5 year intervals.
The other scenario in which you might want to take advantage of our Fauquier County VA septic inspections is when you’re in the market for a new home. The simple truth is that there’s no such thing as too much information when you’re considering buying a home. You want to know as much as you can about the property in question before you commit to a mortgage that could span decades, and we don’t blame you, which is why we recommend having every inspection done that you can so you know exactly what it is you’re signing up to buy.
We do a lot more than just septic inspections, however. As a full-service company, we offer the following as well:
- Septic Tank Cleaning
- Septic System Repairs and Replacement
- Sewage Pump Installation Services
- Alarm and/or Float Replacement
- Car Wash Cleaning
- Grease Trap Cleaning
- And Pump and Haul Services
The bottom line is, whatever your needs are where your home or business septic system is concerned, we’ve got you covered. Give us a call today.