When was the last time you had your septic system inspected? If it was so long ago that you can’t remember the date, that’s an indication that it’s probably time to have it done. The main value to periodic Fairfax County VA septic inspections lies in the fact that it’s the cornerstone of a good maintenance program, and regular maintenance is the best way to ensure that your system provides you years, if not decades of reliable, headache and hassle-free service.
We recommend Fairfax County VA septic inspections and tank pumping every three to five years in order to minimize your chances of encountering a major issue.
Here are a few of the more common issues that regular inspection is likely to reveal:
- Soil Compaction – Your drain field’s ability to process waste is directly tied to how compacted the soil is. The tighter the compaction, the less efficient the waste processing. Note that soil compaction can occur naturally, or it can be the result of the presence of heavy equipment passing through your drain field. Either way, the result winds up being the same.
- Grease Capping – This is what ultimately happens to grease when you pour it down the drain. Some of it escapes the tank and enters the drain field. Once there, it rises to the surface and hardens. When that happens, your system can’t process wastes effectively.
- Tree Roots – If you’ve got trees or shrubs too close to your drain field, the roots may grow into the pipes that connect your septic tank to the drain field itself, which blocks the passage of effluent to the drain field and may lead to a backflow of raw sewage inside your home. The same basic thing can happen if you’ve got a buildup of solids inside your tank. Regular tank pump outs are the solution for the latter problem, and there are effective chemical treatments you can use to solve for the root problem.
The other reason you may want to avail yourself of our Fairfax County VA septic inspections is if you’re in the market for a new house. When you’re looking to buy, the more information you can collect about the property under consideration, the better. After all, you’re the one signing up for a fifteen- or thirty-year mortgage, and there’s not much to be gained by paying top dollar to inherit someone else’s problem.
On top of inspection services, we also offer the following:
- Pump and Haul Services
- Grease Trap Cleaning
- Car Wash Cleaning
- Alarm and Float Replacement
- Sewage Pump Installation
- Septic System Repair or Replacement
- And Septic Tank Cleaning
Whatever your needs are where your residential or commercial septic system is concerned, there’s just one number to call. Ours. We’ll be there when you need us.