BritePaths

Fairfax County has more residents in poverty than any other single jurisdiction in Virginia. An unexpected health crisis, job loss, expensive car repair or financial burden could cost a family a place to live or a meal to eat. Since 1984, Britepaths has been providing help and hope to struggling residents of the Fairfax County…

Read More

Youth for Tomorrow

The mission of Youth For Tomorrow is to provide children and families with the opportunity to focus their lives and develop the confidence, skills, intellectual ability, spiritual insight and moral integrity – each based on Godly principles, resulting in positive changes to the benefit of the child, the family, the community, and the nation. Today,…

Read More

ACTS

ACTS: ACTION IN COMMUNITY THROUGH SERVICE September 2021 Charity ACTS fosters hope, provides relief, and promotes self-sufficiency for our Prince William area neighbors in crisis. We are committed to creating a community where no one goes without or suffers alone. Check out the programs and crisis services we offer, our volunteer opportunities, and ways you…

Read More

An Open Book

About An Open Book An Open Book was founded in 2010 by former children’s booksellers Dara La Porte and Heidi Powell. After years of hosting author events for and recommending books to young neighborhood customers, they continued to struggle with the fact that the vast majority of local students were unable to attend the store’s…

Read More

FACETS Cares

Fairfax County is one of the wealthiest in the nation, yet over 60,000 people live below the poverty line: requests for food and rental assistance, and help in paying utilities, are in the thousands. Serving over 2,000 people a year, FACETS aims to rapidly re-house those who have lost their homes, and prevent homelessness for…

Read More

Northern Virginia Family Service

Northern Virginia Family Service’s (NVFS) breadth, depth and scope of services offer the resources and support to ensure that everyone in need, at every stage of life, maximizes their potential and fully contributes to a thriving community. We provide the essential building blocks for financial, emotional and physical well-being, serving as leaders and innovators for…

Read More

Girls On The Run of Northern Virginia

Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA)At Girls on the Run, our core values guide our way and we stand firm in our long-standing commitment to building a world where every person can know and activate their limitless potential. We value the dignity and humanity of all people and are dedicated to being an…

Read More

Farthest Corners

Farthest Corners shares God’s love to people in the farthest corners of the earth. “I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant’; I have chosen you and have not rejected you.” Isaiah 41:9 In February of 2006, a small group met…

Read More

Ryland Strong

Ryland was diagnosed with brain cancer at age 16. Ryland is strong – physically and mentally. He’s fighting his cancer with the help and strength of his family, friends, and community. After having a seizure April 27, 2020, Ryland was rushed to a hospital and then to another where they discovered the tumor. Ryland’s diagnosis…

Read More

StandUp For Kids

StandUp for Kids is a national non-profit organization dedicated to ending the cycle of youth homelessness in local communities like yours. Since 1990, we have cared for homeless and at-risk youth by transitioning them from crisis to connection. We give our youth a sense of safety, hope, and belonging through housing support, mentoring, drop-in centers,…

Read More